Meet your professional learning needs at a time and place that's convenient for you.
All of the information delivered in our Live Webinars will be available for you to access on demand. (On Demand Webinars exclude live interaction with other participants or the presenter.)
Presented by Gail Preston What is Autism Spectrum Disorder - and how does it affect students?AIRED ONMonday Jul 9$40.00 (INC GST)
Individuals with a diagnosis of ASD see the world differently and may require varying degrees of adaptions to help them manage their day.
The webinar will:
– Review the criteria for diagnosis
– Discuss each area of criteria and how it relates to your students
– Look at areas of comorbidity
– Discuss strategies for intervention
Presented by Gail Preston What is ADHD and how does it affect students?AIRED ONWednesday Aug 1$40.00 (INC GST)
Recent research has indicated that executive function skills in children and adolescents with ADHD has a considerable impact on learning.
This webinar will:
– Provide an overview to ADHD
– Look at the signs and symptoms
– Look at the importance of executive function
– Discuss teaching strategies to support the day to day functioning
Presented by Gail Preston Language development and possible delays in young childrenAIRED ONFriday Jul 13$40.00 (INC GST)
Children acquire language milestones at different rates however, sometimes as practitioners we might be the first to see areas of concern.
The webinar will provide you with:
– A general overview of young children’s language development
– Communicating your observations to parents regarding possible language delays
– Practical activities and resources to encourage language development and learning
Presented by Gail Preston What is Intellectual Disability and how does it impact upon students?AIRED ONThursday Aug 2$40.00 (INC GST)
Intellectual disability affects individuals differently in regard to cognitive function, communication capabilities, socialisation and with daily living functions.
The webinar will:
– Review the criteria for Intellectual Disability
– Review the categories and implications for each
– Look at possible causes
– Discuss how a child might present
– Briefly look at behaviour